Dictionary: Obssession = fixed idea that occupies one’s mind
Since Saturday, this object has been in my mind on and off. You can say I’m a material girl this time coz I just can’t get this $999 handbag (on sale – original price was almost $1500) off my head. BUT it’s not about the price tag (TRYING to defend myself) I didn’t even look at the price or notice the brand when I picked it up and felt in love with it. It might not be a very classic piece, but somehow I just like it. Maybe that’s what makes it an obssession.
What can I do with $999 plus 14% tax?
– Almost 10 fine dining (excl. wine)
– Two airplane tickets to the west coast
– (+$200 and get) One airplane ticket to Asia
– Sponsor a child for 3 years!!!
– A 13″ mac book
– Facial treatments for about 2 years (assume once per month on average)
– Or simply save it and reinvest in myself (take some courses) or reinvest in stock/bond/savings account
There’re arguments on both sides… If I like something I should buy it, but looking at the alternatives forgone, I hesitated.
Oh well… I wonder if the bag is already gone now.
(Just mumbling to myself before going to bed…) Nitenite everyone…