Handwritten sign found on the wall of Mother Teresa’s Room:
– People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; forgive them anyway.
– If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway.
– If you are successful, you will win some false friends, and some true enemies; be successful anyway.
– If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway.
– What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; build anway.
– If you find serenity and happiness, others may be jealous; be happy anyway.
– The good you do today, people will forget tomorrow; do good anyway.
– Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; give your best anyway.
– For you see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.